Whole Life insurance by contrast to Term Life Insurance, provides lifelong protection. As long as you pay the premiums, and no loans, surrenders or withdrawls are taken, the full face amount will be paid. Because it is designed to last a lifetime, whole life insurance accumulates cash value and is designed for you to keep for your “whole life” . Whole life insurance policies also could give you the potential to receive dividends, which can increase the value of the policy when the insured is living or provide an increased death benefit for your beneficiaries.
You may want to purchase a whole life insurance policy if you want:
- Protection for life
- Payments that stay the same each year for the rest of your life
- To be able to build long term cash reserves on a tax-favored basis
- Cash value you can use while you are living
- Whole life insurance offers confidence through the guarantees it provides.
Guaranteed level premiums. The premiums you pay are guaranteed to remain the same for the life of the policy, regardless of age or health.
Guaranteed death benefits. Beneficiaries will receive at least the face amount of the policy upon the death of the insured, assuming you do not have outstanding policy loans and that the policy premiums are paid on time.
Guaranteed cash value. Your cash value will grow each year, tax-deferred, until it matches the face value of your policy. When you need it most, you’ll have access to your cash through loan and withdrawal options.
Whole life provides life-long insurance protection. Once you have been approved for coverage, your policy cannot be canceled by the carrier as long as premiums are paid when due. Regardless of your health, the insurance will remain in force.
Whole life builds guaranteed cash value, provided premiums are paid. This amount can be used in the future for any purpose via a policy loan. For example, you can borrow cash value for a down payment on a home, to help pay for your children’s education, or to provide retirement income. The cash value can be increased by dividends when declared by the Company.
Whole Life in a Nutshell:
- Guaranteed permanent death benefit
- Federal income-tax free death benefit.
- Premiums are guaranteed to stay level for the life of the policy.
- Premiums are higher initially, but remain level, regardless of age, for life of policy.
- Offers tax-deferred cash value growth which is accessible through policy loans or partial surrenders.